Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Well, the weather hasn't co operated that much this winter. This winter has been almost as good as the summer was, which is my way of saying that it has been one of the worst I can remember! Terrible! Where is the ice? Where is the snow? I've pulled my shovel out once so far this winter. Once! And it was a pity pull. There was only about an inch of snow, it would have melted by the following afternoon but my shovel was starting to look lonely and forlorn in the back of my shed behind the bikes so I thought I would get it out, let it see the sunlight and the sky, remember its rightful place in the universe.

I love my shovel. I love shoveling. Every winter Kurtis and I fight over who gets to do the shoveling at our house. I love shoveling so much that I will put a twenty five pound baby on my back in our baby trekker and shovel the driveway, just to make sure that I get the job done before Kurtis gets home because otherwise I know I will have to share.

But this year there has been no snow to shovel and very little ice. However, the kids did get about a week to take advantage of the work Kurtis did in the back yard this year.



The rink took several weeks to perfect, the kids loved for about a week and a half and now it sits, runny and bumpy and soft as an August slushy in some places, waiting for the next big freeze.




No comments: