Saturday, June 21, 2008

birds and bragging rights


The bird is back on our porch. We had a robin nesting on our porch earlier in the spring but the eggs hatched, the hatchlings flew away and so did the bird. I was really hoping she wouldn't return. I tried to clear up the nest but Kurtis wouldn't allow it, thinking it added a certain wild ambiance or something. Personally, I'm not fond of cleaning bird poop from all over the deck. Well, the bird is back and nesting again. All I can say is if she poops on my furniture, I may have to bake her in a pie with a two dozen of her closest relatives. I love the wonder of nature, just not in my house...or on my back deck.




Other than that, so far today is shaping up well. It's been rainy (yet again) and poor Aidan is at an outdoor birthday party in the park but the Netherlands are playing Russia today and that promises to be a good game. In fact, Kurtis and Leo are curled on the couch right now with their popcorn and a beer (well, Kurtis has the beer). I'm going to join them momentarily to cheer on my team. Being half Dutch I have rights, bragging rights since they're doing so phenomenally well. Kurtis says he has bragging rights as well because he's conquered a Dutch woman. Can you hear my eyes rolling?

No comments: